Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bensenhaver

I saw someone speak last night, probably the most influential writer in my life. He gave a good talk, read a good story, and answered good questions. But you know what was great? His shadows. Somehow the lights were set up to give him the most powerful shadows on each side of his body, like he had butterfly wings or was some kind of god. When he got excited, he raised his arms and the shadows flapped and took over the stage. When he laughed, the shadows shook, and my seat seemed to vibrate, like he had the power to move the world below him.

Now I'll probably never meet this man. Honestly, I'm not even sure I want to. But if I ever do, I'll tell him I saw him speak one night, and he had the most impressive shadows I'd ever seen.

I bet he'd like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment