Monday, February 14, 2011

V-Day

I've been reading lots of poetry lately. Actually, I've been reading very little, but since I read none before than me reading a very little is actually me reading a lot.

Hm.

Anyway, for Valentine's Day I wanted to share a poem that you won't be able to find with any google search or bookstore. It's by my dad. Naturally, I'm a little biased, but I think this is a very lovely poem, and on a day all about love, why not share it.

Backyard

When my children were small
Sometimes we would sit it the backyard at night
Looking up at the sky
Waiting for shooting stars
At times there were many
Sometimes a few
Most often none
When we saw one, it was "did you see it"
If there was lots, it was "wow"
When there was none, we kept looking
Because the sky was still beautiful
But what I loved the best
Was the waiting
With my children
For shooting stars
In the backyard
At night
When they were small
It won't come again
There are still shooting stars

No comments:

Post a Comment