Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dancing Liquid

It's been a while. I'm feeling much better now.

So the other day I saw something beautiful. I was sitting on the subway, it was late, and standing nearby was a man holding a beer bottle. The train jolted, the man dropped the bottle, and BANG, it broke against the subway floor. A few people jumped, but the man just laughed - exiting the train at the next stop, leaving behind broken glass and liquid.

And here's when it gets beautiful. As the train continued, the left over liquid began traveling along the floor, like a rattlesnake swerving directions based on the motions of the earth beneath it. People lifted their feet, making sure they went untouched, but everyone watched, staring down, as if the liquid was another passenger - a performer drawing pictures at their feet.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! finally a new post! I love this one. I'm glad you're feeling better. Nice to have this back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you WEREN'T feeling well. :( Glad you're feeling better! Nice to have a new post. Suffice it to say, the guy with the beer bottle was NOT me. ;)

    ReplyDelete